Earl Klugh's, second annual Weekend of Jazz at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
November 10-12, 2011
Join the Kiawah E-Club
- Kiawah Comedy Weekend
- LePore Family win the “Know the Kiawah Feeling” e-club sweepstakes.
- Kiawah’s Special Winter Meetings Rates
- RSVP Tips for Planning a Successful Corporate Meeting at Kiawah
- Guerrilla Cuisine- A Dinner for Cystic Fibrosis
- A Kiawah Beverage Series with Bittermilk
- Kiawah offers great off-season special events
- Top 10 reasons for a Kiawah Island wedding
- Sanctuary Food and Beverage Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary!
- The Kickboxer Cocktail at The Ocean Room
- Make a splash with the family next year in the new pools at Kiawah Island Golf Resort (10)
- Night Heron Kid’s Pool Opens Tomorrow (Saturday, June 9th)! (10)
- Kiawah’s Dir. of Outdoor Programs describes new Kiawah Pools (5)
- Kiawah’s new 14-person Bay Boat for Kiawah River Tours (4)
- Mingo Point Oyster Roast (4)
- Environmentalist Philippe Cousteau releases sea turtles from Kiawah beach (3)
- Top 10 Reasons Kids Love Kiawah Vacations!! (2)
- The Naturally Kiawah Garden (2)
- Thomas Creek Beer Dinner at Jasmine Porch Oct. 18th (2)
- Mingo Point Season Opens May 25 (2)
BBQ, beach, beach vacation, birding, Charleston, Cherrywood BBQ & Ale House, Condé Nast Traveler, Dining, Earl Klugh, Easter, fine dining, Gourmet & Grapes, half marathon, Jasmine Porch, Jasmine Porch at The Sanctuary, Jonathan Banta, Kiawah, Kiawah Beverage Series, Kiawah Island, Kiawah Island Golf Resort, kiawah river, Lowcountry Cuisine, marathon, Mingo Point, naturalist, nature, Night Heron Park, Recreation, Sanctuary, Sommelier Garth Herr, South Carolina, spa, Tennis, The Atlantic Room, The Ocean Course, The Ocean Room, The Ocean Room at The Sanctuary, The Ocean Room at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Sanctaury at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Sanctuary, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, Tomasso, Tomasso at Turtle Point, Weekend of Jazz, Wells Gallery
Formerly known as the West Beach Pool Bar – the new West Beach Cantina has already become an island hot spot! This full service poolside bar and grill offers a fresh spin on Mexican cuisine with an island vibe. Come down to West Beach for an ultra-relaxed paradise…sunbathe with a margarita in hand or sit at the bar and chat with our resort staff while munching on some nachos.
If you are like me, you are adventurous in your beverage selections. However, from time to time you find yourself somewhat intimidated by the larger wine lists. When flipping through page after page of an enormous menu filled with high end wines all just waiting to be tried, it can to be a bit hard to find “the one” you are looking for. You might find yourself wishing that something would just jump out and speak to you. Well if that’s the case, next time you are in The Ocean Room stop after the first page of our 1,000+ wine list at the Sommelier Selection.
Kiawah Island Golf Resort’s long-time tennis director, Roy Barth, has an outstanding tennis background as a player, teacher, professional, and administrator. He was ranked as high as #8 in men’s singles and #2 in men’s doubles and reached the top 50 in the world in men’s singles on the pro tour. Through his years playing as a professional and teaching here at Kiawah, he has developed a very unique tennis philosophy. He has given us some insight into his technique by sharing his top 10 tennis tips with us:
You can’t be too low
Looking for something new to do for dad on Father’s Day? How about a daycation out at Kiawah Island?! Think about it…. You and dad jump in the car early Sunday morning and you head out towards sunny Kiawah Island. Along the way you cruise through the tunnel of stunning and historic oak trees covered in Spanish moss. When you arrive on Kiawah our welcoming committee greets you on your ride in. You pull up to any of our famous golf courses for an unforgettable morning round. Dad’s not the golfing type? Fear not because Kiawah Island Golf Resort has something for everyone! Whether you spend the morning kayaking, fishing, biking, sun bathing or just taking a stroll make sure to pair it with a brunch reservation at Jasmine Porch!
When it comes to rest, relaxation, and getting away from it all, our goal is for you to experience the very best vacation for the very best of value. As a guest at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, you’ll receive exclusive guest benefits and preferred access and pricing for the following world-class amenities and services found throughout the Island.
Night Heron and West Beach Children’s Pools
With interactive water features and poolside dining, our newly enhanced pool complexes are the perfect gathering spots for family fun.
Dr. Beach – Professor Stephen Leatherman at Florida International University – has posted his annual list of America’s top 10 beaches. The list is based on his evaluation of 50 factors, including cleanliness, safety and amenities. . Kiawah Island’s Beachwalker Park (eastern 1/5 of the island that the developers donated to the county back when the resort was started) came in as the 9th best beach in America.