Earl Klugh's, second annual Weekend of Jazz at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
November 10-12, 2011
Join the Kiawah E-Club
- FBF — Kiawah Island/Sanctuary Awards and Recognitions
- Flash Back Friday – Aerial shots of The Sanctuary under construction
- Jasmine Porch and Bittermilk partner to host August Beverage Series
- Protein Shakes & Fruit Smoothies
- Picnic Baskets from Town Center Market
- Smart Meetings magazine Awards its 2014 Smart Stars Award for Best Coastal Hotel
- ¡Cantina Después Del Anochecer!
- Flash Back Friday: Dining through the decade
- Kiawah Island supports Ambrose Farm’s Tomato Fight
- Hatching season to begin on Kiawah for our Loggerhead Sea Turtles
- Night Heron Kid’s Pool Opens Tomorrow (Saturday, June 9th)! (10)
- Make a splash with the family next year in the new pools at Kiawah Island Golf Resort (10)
- Kiawah’s Dir. of Outdoor Programs describes new Kiawah Pools (5)
- Kiawah’s new 14-person Bay Boat for Kiawah River Tours (4)
- Mingo Point Oyster Roast (4)
- Environmentalist Philippe Cousteau releases sea turtles from Kiawah beach (3)
- Winter Marsh Sparrow Banding (2)
- 2nd Annual Disc Golf Tournament (2)
- Dolphin Strand Feeding on Kiawah Island (2)
- Fall Fishing Report (2)
Art Uncorked, BBQ, beach, beach vacation, birding, Charleston, Cherrywood BBQ & Ale House, Condé Nast Traveler, Dining, Earl Klugh, Easter, fine dining, Gourmet & Grapes, half marathon, Jasmine Porch, Jasmine Porch at The Sanctuary, Jonathan Banta, Kiawah, Kiawah Beverage Series, Kiawah Island, Kiawah Island Golf Resort, kiawah river, marathon, Mingo Point, naturalist, nature, Night Heron Park, Recreation, Sanctuary, Sommelier Garth Herr, South Carolina, spa, Tennis, The Atlantic Room, The Ocean Course, The Ocean Room, The Ocean Room at The Sanctuary, The Ocean Room at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Sanctaury at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Sanctuary, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, Tomasso, Tomasso at Turtle Point, Weekend of Jazz, Wells Gallery
Limehouse Produce has started their #TomatoTrek for the 2014 summer season and a few of our favorite Kiawah restaurants are participating!
Heart of House, a hospitality term that refers to an employee behind the scenes who in some way supports the staff members that come in direct contact with guests. For a restaurant, the heart of house employees would be the kitchen staff, and for a hotel the term could be referring to the laundry department. Today, we are spotlighting one specific individual of the heart of house team here at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, Clifford McNeil.
The June issue of the prestigious Travel + Leisure magazine listed their ten top family vacations in the world. It’s called the “Travel + Leisure Family 10.” Kiawah Island Golf Resort made the list as what they call the “All-American Vacation.”
Kiawah Island to Host One of First Opportunities To Taste Ocean Aged Wine Profiled on CBS. An 18-Person Experience at The Sanctuary on Kiawah Island to Kick Off Series of Restaurant Tasting Event.
In its annual Readers’ Choice Survey, readers of Conde Nast Traveler magazine ranked The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort as the 2nd best American beach resort, barely being eked out by 2/10 of a point by The Cloister at Sea Island. We’ll get them next year!
Formerly known as the West Beach Pool Bar – the new West Beach Cantina has already become an island hot spot! This full service poolside bar and grill offers a fresh spin on Mexican cuisine with an island vibe. Come down to West Beach for an ultra-relaxed paradise…sunbathe with a margarita in hand or sit at the bar and chat with our resort staff while munching on some nachos.
If you are like me, you are adventurous in your beverage selections. However, from time to time you find yourself somewhat intimidated by the larger wine lists. When flipping through page after page of an enormous menu filled with high end wines all just waiting to be tried, it can to be a bit hard to find “the one” you are looking for. You might find yourself wishing that something would just jump out and speak to you. Well if that’s the case, next time you are in The Ocean Room stop after the first page of our 1,000+ wine list at the Sommelier Selection.
Kiawah Island Golf Resort’s long-time tennis director, Roy Barth, has an outstanding tennis background as a player, teacher, professional, and administrator. He was ranked as high as #8 in men’s singles and #2 in men’s doubles and reached the top 50 in the world in men’s singles on the pro tour. Through his years playing as a professional and teaching here at Kiawah, he has developed a very unique tennis philosophy. He has given us some insight into his technique by sharing his top 10 tennis tips with us:
You can’t be too low