A back-porch BBQ indeed, sure to bring the summer season to a closing… in style! If you were in the area you knew something good was cooking over at Jasmine Porch at The Sanctuary.
Couple enjoying the patio’s ambiance at Jasmine Porch.
Whether it’s golf or tennis, Kiawah Island Golf Resort We’ve got you covered with their off-season special events. Come out and participate in our tennis and golf instructional and amateur golf tournament special event weekends this winter and spring.
While each program has a different personality and agenda, all offer the gracious personal service, delicious cuisine and exceptional resort amenities to which our guests have grown accustomed.
All off-season special events offer single or double occupancy accommodation options for guests at The Sanctuary and many more options in our privately owned villa and home collection. Significant others and families are encouraged to join attendees and participate in the many other amenities Kiawah Island Golf Resort has to offer.
Kiawah Island is the prefect wedding locale. Ask anyone who tied-the-knot on our beautiful seaside resort. Here are the top 10 reasons for a Kiawah Island wedding:
- Making it a week long vacation.
- Wedding Weekend all in one place! Luncheon, Rehearsal, Wedding, Brunch…
- Tons of amenities for your guests to enjoy all week — Pools, Golf, Tennis, Restaurants.
- Pictures on the beach as husband and wife.
- Golf Cart Formal Exit from your reception.
- Groomsmen Golf Outing at the site of the 2012 PGA Championship.
- Bridal Party Escape in the 5 Diamond Spa.
- Welcome Bags with local amenities.
- Farewell Brunch featuring farm to table Lowcountry cuisine.
- Saying “I Do” in Paradise to the one you love!
In honor of The Sanctuary’s 10 Year Anniversary, restaurants located at the hotel are offering a number of great celebratory discounts!
Celebrating 10 years!
Are you wanting to keep your bathing suit figure and get the natural energy of a freshly juice cocktail? Then The Ocean Room lounge has exactly what you are looking for! Bartender Lesly Oliver is giving us the rundown on one of her newest creations, The Kickboxer cocktail.
Lesly Oliver- Bartender of The Ocean Room
Delegate to those who know: let us help plan your event.
The best part of a successful corporate meeting in South Carolina is not the organization: it’s savoring a job well done, creating meaningful space for discussion within your organization and reflecting on meetings that were actually useful. Get help with the tricky parts of planning and running your event smoothly and focus on what a successful meeting would look like for your company.
If you’ve ever eaten at any of Kiawah Island Golf Resort’s many restaurants, you know how amazing our chefs are. But our chefs don’t just do amazing work in their own kitchens; they work hard year-round to go out and give back to the community outside of Kiawah, from donating proceeds to charity to preparing culinary presentations across the state. Below, you will find a list of our incredible chefs’ fall culinary outreach events.
If you’d like to embark on a culinary journey then the ‘Taste of Tomasso’ has your name written all over it. Join us at our Italian Gathering Place and enjoy panoramic views of Jack Nicklaus’ Turtle Point Golf Course from the comfort of Tomasso’s dining room.
August – the Sunday of Summer…
Sunday, the beginning of the end of the best season of the year, summer.
August means two things…1. Summer is almost over and 2. Fall is just around the corner.
If you are visiting us in the heat of the season, here are some culinary events you do not want to miss!!
Aerial of The Sanctuary
Since opening nearly 10 years ago, The Sanctuary and, in turn Kiawah Island Golf Resort, has garnered numerous awards and recognitions. As part of our weekly Flash-Back-Friday weekly posting leading up to our 10-year anniversary, here are just a few:
The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
- T + L Family 10 – World’s best family vacations (#10) Travel + Leisure (2014)
- Best American Beach Resort (#2) – Conde Nast Traveler (2014)
- Five Diamond Award – American Automobile Association (2014)
- Five Star Award – Forbes Travel Guide (2014)
- Top Resorts on the U.S. (#4) – Conde Nast Traveler (2013)
- Top Continental US and Canada Resorts (#11) – Travel + Leisure (2012)
- Top property in the world (#75) Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Award (2013)
- Top Beach Resort (#15) – Andrew Harper Readers’ Choice (2013)
- Top Family Resort in the world (#19) – Andrew Harper Readers’ Choice (2013)
- Top Golf Resort in the world (#4) – Andrew Harper Readers’ Choice (2013)
- Gold List Award – Conde Nast Traveler (2012)
- Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary – Audubon International (2012)
- Superior Deluxe Hotels – Travel Weekly (2012) (one of 30 in the U.S. and 106 world-wide)
Kiawah Island Spa (at The Sanctuary)
- Five Star Award – Forbes Travel Guide (2013)
- Best Hotel Spas in America (#11) – Travel + Leisure (2011)
- Top 100 Resort Spas-U.S. Mainland (#18) – Conde Nast Traveler (2012)
- World’s Best Spas-U.S. (#10), World (#30) – Travel and Leisure Magazine (2013)
Kiawah Island Golf Resort Awards and Recognitions
- Platinum Resort – Golf Magazine (2014)
- Top U.S. Golf Resort (#3) – Conde Nast Traveler (2012)
- 10 Best Resorts for Family Reunions (#2) – TripAdvisor’s Family Vacation Critic
- Conde Nast Johansens Awards for Excellence-Most Excellent Golf Resort (2011)
- Travel + Leisure’s Top Family Hotels in the U.S. & Canada (#13) (2011)
- Best U.S. Golf Resort (#2) – Global Traveler magazine (2011)
- Top U.S. Resort (#1) – Golf World magazine (2010)
- One of the “Top 25 Golf Resorts in the World” – Links Magazine (2013)
Kiawah Island Golf Awards and Recognitions
- #1 Golf Course in South Carolina (The Ocean Course) – Golf Digest (2012)
- #2 Golf Resort in the World – CNN Go (CNN International) (2012)
- America’s Toughest Course (The Ocean Course #1) – Golf Digest (2012)
- America’s Toughest Course (The Ocean Course #4) – GOLF Magazine (2012)
- Top 100 You Can Play (The Ocean Course #5) – GOLF Magazine (2012)
- America’s 100 Greatest Public Courses (The Ocean Course #4) –Golf Digest (2013)
- Top 100 Modern Courses in America (The Ocean Course #17) – GolfWeek (2013)
- Top 100 Courses in America (The Ocean Course #21) – Golf Digest (2013)
- Top 100 Courses in the World (The Ocean Course #60) – Golf Digest (2014)
- Top 100 Courses in the U.S. (The Ocean Course #25) – GOLF Magazine (2013)
- Top 100 Courses in the World (The Ocean Course #43) – GOLF Magazine (2013)
- Architects’ Choice Top 100 Golf Courses (The Ocean Course #33) – Golf Course Architecture Magazine (2013)
- Top 100 Resort Courses in America (The Ocean Course #8) – GolfWeek (2013)
- Top 10 Courses in the U.S. and the World (The Ocean Course) – Travel Channel (2014)
- Course Ratings: (2010)
- 5-star rating (The Ocean Course) – Golf Digest’s “Best Places to Play” guide
- 4 ½ -star rating (Turtle Point, Osprey Point and Oak Point) – Golf Digest’s “Best Places to Play” guide
- 4-star rating (Cougar Point) – Golf Digest’s “Best Places to Play” guide
- No. 14 (Osprey Point) – Golf Digest’s “Top 50 courses for women”
Kiawah Island Tennis
- No. 1 Tennis Resort in the World – tennisresortsonline.com (2013-Seven of the last nine years) (Currently No. 2.)
Kiawah Island Meetings Awards and Recognitions
- Pinnacle Award – Successful Meetings (10 years)
- Gold Key Award – Meetings & Conventions (9 years)
- Gold Tee Award – Meetings & Conventions (13 years)
- “Stars of the South” Award – Meetings South (8 years)
- Golden Links Award – Corporate Meetings & Incentives (11 years)
- Planners’ Choice Award – Meeting News (10 years)
- Greens of Distinctions – Corporate Meetings & Incentives (7 years)
- One of the “South’s Top 18 Golf Retreats For Groups” – ConventionSouth Magazine (2014)
Kiawah Island Dining
- Best of Award of Excellence (Ocean Room) – Wine Spectator
- Best Down Home Cookery (Jasmine Porch) – Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report
- Restaurant of the Year (Ocean Room) – Charleston Post and Courier (2010)
- Only Forbes 4-star/AAA 4-diamond steakhouse in the U.S. (Ocean Room) (2012)
- No. 4 island in the world (behind Maui, Kauai & Maldives) – Conde Nast Traveler (2013)
- Happiest Seaside Town – Coastal Living (2012)
- Top 10 beaches in America (#9) – Dr. Stephen Leatherman (aka Dr. Beach) – www.drbeach.org (2013)
- No. 4 island in North America – Travel + Leisure (2012)