According to Shape Magazine, South Carolina’s Kiawah Island took fourth behind Maui, Kauai, and the Maldives in Conde Nast Traveler’s “Top 25 Islands in the World” reader’s poll. And the Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon and Half Marathon puts the island’s beauty on full display. Runners tour maritime forests, marshes, and quiet residential neighborhoods. A pre-race bike ride the day before lets runners preview the course and pace teams help personal best seekers hit their goals. Post-race, runners get the luxury treatment with complimentary mini-massages and a buffet spread with soup, salad, pasta and more. Race day temps in the mid-60s, five championship golf courses, an award-winning tennis center, a Forbes five-star award-winning spa, wildlife and nature tours, an oceanfront beach and other activities like fishing and paddling make the island race an ideal December getaway.
Earl Klugh's, second annual Weekend of Jazz at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
November 10-12, 2011
Join the Kiawah E-Club
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island Luxury Resort Review
- Year round there are plenty of reasons to stay at Kiawah – Gallagher’s Travels
- Travel Experta ~ Kiawah Is the #1 American Island Getaway
- Rise and Shine on Kiawah Island – Breakfast at The Ryder Cup Bar
- Tennis Legend Billie Jean King with Roy Barth
- 10 Things to Do with Your Family on Kiawah Island
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort gets a Rave Review by Luxe Recess
- Kiawah’s Roy Barth Honored with USTA Jacobs Bowl
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions for Meeting Planners
- Golf and Corporate Meetings – A Match Made in Heaven?
Sorry. No data so far.
BBQ, beach, beach vacation, birding, Charleston, Cherrywood BBQ & Ale House, Condé Nast Traveler, Dining, Earl Klugh, Easter, fine dining, Gourmet & Grapes, Hollings Cancer Center, Jasmine Porch, Jasmine Porch at The Sanctuary, Jonathan Banta, Kiawah, Kiawah Beverage Series, Kiawah Island, Kiawah Island Golf Resort, kiawah river, marathon, Mingo Point, nature, Night Heron Park, Oyster Roast, Recreation, Sanctuary, Sommelier Garth Herr, South Carolina, spa, Tennis, The Atlantic Room, The Ocean Course, The Ocean Room, The Ocean Room at The Sanctuary, The Ocean Room at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Sanctaury at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Sanctuary, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, Tomasso, Tomasso at Turtle Point, Weekend of Jazz, Wells Gallery, wine dinner