Nothing but smiles could be seen last Friday on Kiawah Island’s beach. With the help of Philippe Cousteau and the South Carolina Aquarium’s Sea Turtle Hospital, a rehabilitated green turtle and a Kemp’s Ridley turtle were released back into the ocean adjacent to The Sanctuary. CNN was on-hand to cover the release as part of a television series featuring Cousteau centered on the loggerhead sea turtles and their endangered habitat. The series is entitled “Going Green.” In it, Cousteau takes a look at the turtle’s habitat as well as visits the Sea Turtle Hospital to take a firsthand look at the process to rehabilitating injured turtles. Cousteau along with Kelly Thorvalson, Head of the Sea Turtle Hospital, can be seen above releasing the two healthy turtles. The segment of “Going Green” will be aired on CNN International in early October and will be viewable online at www.edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/environment/ later in the month.
Earl Klugh's, second annual Weekend of Jazz at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
November 10-12, 2011
Join the Kiawah E-Club
- Tiny Tot Tennis – A whole lot of fun teaching tennis basics to kids
- Chef Jonathan Banta of The Atlantic Room
- Easter Weekend Feasts
- 4 Ways to Keep Your Meetings & Conferences On Budget at Kiawah
- High-End Barbecue on the South Carolina BBQ Trail
- What it takes to earn Five Stars
- National Geographic and Kiawah’s Wildlife Wonders
- South African Wine Dinner at The Ocean Course
- How to Keep Attendees Engaged During Your Corporate Meeting in South Carolina
- T+L’s 3rd Best Family Beach Resort in the world
Sorry. No data so far.
BBQ, beach, beach vacation, birding, Charleston, Cherrywood BBQ & Ale House, Condé Nast Traveler, Dining, Earl Klugh, Easter, fine dining, Gourmet & Grapes, half marathon, Hollings Cancer Center, Jasmine Porch, Jasmine Porch at The Sanctuary, Jonathan Banta, Kiawah, Kiawah Beverage Series, Kiawah Island, Kiawah Island Golf Resort, kiawah river, marathon, Mingo Point, nature, Night Heron Park, Oyster Roast, Recreation, Sanctuary, Sommelier Garth Herr, spa, Tennis, The Atlantic Room, The Ocean Course, The Ocean Room, The Ocean Room at The Sanctuary, The Ocean Room at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Sanctaury at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Sanctuary, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, Tomasso, Tomasso at Turtle Point, Weekend of Jazz, Wells Gallery, wine dinner