Nothing but smiles could be seen last Friday on Kiawah Island’s beach. With the help of Philippe Cousteau and the South Carolina Aquarium’s Sea Turtle Hospital, a rehabilitated green turtle and a Kemp’s Ridley turtle were released back into the ocean adjacent to The Sanctuary. CNN was on-hand to cover the release as part of a television series featuring Cousteau centered on the loggerhead sea turtles and their endangered habitat. The series is entitled “Going Green.” In it, Cousteau takes a look at the turtle’s habitat as well as visits the Sea Turtle Hospital to take a firsthand look at the process to rehabilitating injured turtles. Cousteau along with Kelly Thorvalson, Head of the Sea Turtle Hospital, can be seen above releasing the two healthy turtles. The segment of “Going Green” will be aired on CNN International in early October and will be viewable online at www.edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/environment/ later in the month.
Earl Klugh's, second annual Weekend of Jazz at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
November 10-12, 2011
Join the Kiawah E-Club
- 2015 Kiawah Special Events
- Five stars for these Thanksgiving pies
- Kiawah wins Meetings and Conventions magazine’s 2014 Gold Key Award
- The house that love built- Seventh Annual Five Star Day
- Ruby-throated hummingbirds on Kiawah Island
- Seventh Annual Gourmet & Grapes: February 6-8, 2015
- Cherrywood BBQ Crowned Charleston’s Best Mac & Cheese!
- Conde Nast Traveler names Kiawah Island No. 1 island in North America and No. 2 island in the world
- Tomasso’s Sicilian Wine Dinner
- Chateau Musar Wine Dinner at The Ocean Room
Sorry. No data so far.
BBQ, beach, beach vacation, birding, Charleston, Cherrywood BBQ & Ale House, Condé Nast Traveler, Dining, Earl Klugh, Easter, fine dining, Gourmet & Grapes, half marathon, Hollings Cancer Center, Jasmine Porch, Jasmine Porch at The Sanctuary, Kiawah, Kiawah Beverage Series, Kiawah Island, Kiawah Island Golf Resort, kiawah river, Lowcountry Cuisine, marathon, Mingo Point, naturalist, nature, Night Heron Park, Recreation, Sanctuary, Sommelier Garth Herr, South Carolina, spa, Tennis, The Atlantic Room, The Ocean Course, The Ocean Room, The Ocean Room at The Sanctuary, The Ocean Room at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Sanctaury at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Sanctuary, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, Tomasso, Tomasso at Turtle Point, Weekend of Jazz, Wells Gallery