While we encourage you to provide content to the Kiawah Resort blog, there are certain restrictions on your providing content. They are as follows:
1. License: By submitting content, you grant Kiawah Island Golf Resort a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully and freely assignable and sub-licensable license to any rights you have in the content submitted - including, but not limited to, the rights to use, display, publish, translate, reproduce, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, and perform publicly your content (or any part thereof) online and offline in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter devised. You further agree that Kiawah Island Golf Resort has the right to use your name and likeness in connection with Kiawah Island Golf Resort’s marketing and public relations material and broadcasts. Kiawah Island Golf Resort is free to use any ideas, techniques, inventions, concepts, know-how, or other information that you provide to Kiawah Island Golf Resort (whether directly or through its third party service providers) for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or remuneration.
2. Standards: You agree not to submit any content that: (a) infringes on any third-party intellectual property, publicity, privacy, moral (droit moral) or other legal rights; (b) violates any applicable law or regulation; (c) is defamatory, threatening, harassing, obscene, harmful to minors; (d) is false or misleading; (e) promotes physical or emotional harm in any way; (f) contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other harmful components (including, but not limited to, computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information); (g) is commercial in nature, other than as specifically solicited by this Site; (h) constitutes unsolicited junk or bulk e-mail ("spam"); or (i) is tortious or criminal.
3. Warranty / Indemnity: You warrant and guarantee that you own all intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, publicity, moral (droit moral) and other rights to any content that you submit. You further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless against: (a) any and all claims to the rights to content that you provide to us, (b) any and all claims that someone's rights were violated by our display or other use of the content that you provide to us.
4. Monitoring of Content / Removal: You agree that Kiawah Island Golf Resort has no responsibility to monitor, review, edit, remove or control any content or other information that you or others submit to us and/or the Site. You further agree that Kiawah Island Golf Resort may, in its sole discretion, modify, remove or refuse to accept any content for any reason. We may also decline to modify or remove content that you submitted, despite your request. In addition, please be aware that we may not be able to modify or remove certain content, including without limitation content that has been distributed to or relied on by third parties.
5. Release: You agree that you are at least 18 years of age. You agree to release Kiawah Island Golf Resort (including, without limitation, the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, members, affiliates, successors, assigns, contractors, agents and attorneys of the Kiawah Inn Company from any and all liability and obligations whatsoever in connection with or arising from Kiawah Island Golf Resort's use or non-use of content submitted by you or any third party.
6. Privacy: Kiawah Island Golf Resort may treat any submission and/or communication between you and Kiawah Island Golf Resort as non-confidential and non-proprietary. In particular, blog entries submissions will not be considered confidential.
7. No Endorsement / Recommendation: Kiawah Island Golf Resort does not endorse, recommend, or take any responsibility for any content submitted to this Site by any advertiser, service provider, vendor, or other third-party, even if Kiawah Island Golf Resort displays such content.